Zambia Police Service, is charged with the responsibility of maintaining peace, law and order in all our communities country-wide. In order to effectively and efficiently execute its mandate ....Read More
Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
Police action pictures
RTSA and Police enhances Traffic Management aimed at reducing Road Traffic Accidents.
Commonwealth Special Envoy to Zambia, His Excellency Professor Ibrahim Gambari pays a courtesy call to the Inspector General of Police Mr. Kakoma Kanganja
The IG with the National Team Coach Chief Inspector Zulu and Netball player Sergeant Helen Tembo
Commissioner of Police In-Charge of Administration, Lillian Lombe Kamukoshi shaking hands with Home Affairs Minister, Honourable Stephen Kampyongo while Inspector General of Police, Mr Kakoma Kanganja looks on.
Nkhwazi Theatre Club in action during the award winning Play, The Rituals, at Lusaka Play House.
Service Chiefs Laying wreaths at the Cenotaph during commemoration of the Remembrance Day
ZAMBIA POLICE WEBSITE (www.zambiapolice.gov.zm)
The first and old Zambia Police website was developed by a consultant and deployed in 2008. It was hosted by Coppernet Solutions ltd. The contents were not dynamic and not quite attractive.
The objectives of the website were:
- - To build a great relationship between the police and the public through constant contact via website:- a modern service delivery tool,
- - To allow members of the public interact with the police as an organization in order to change how the public perceivethe police,
- -To cut down movements of members of the public and processes of doing business in order to provide cost effective and efficient service,
- - To add credibility to the organization and build trust with the members of the public and
- - To provide corrected and up to date information to the members of the public.
CHALLENGES FACED BY THE OLD ZAMBIA POLICE WEBSITE
- Lack of updates to the site due to 'lack of support' and no clear Policy document.
- Lack of internal and external publicity on the availability of the site
- Limited access, space and control as site was hosted by third-party
- Insufficient funding to the IT office for development programmes
- Lack of project aproach and resources.
- Lack of training for PR and IT staff on website development and implementation.
As a result of the above mentioned challenges the website died a natural death by 2013 but was not buried believing in incarnation and resurrection of information technology, a way forward was found.
WAY FORWARD – NEW WEBSITE
2013 -2016 STRATEGIC PLAN
That provides a clear vision and a framework within which management decisions are made and programmes and activities undertaken.
It was from this broad work plan where the programme to reconstruct the new Zambia police website was born resulting into the current website.