Page 1 of 5
Introduction – (Anti – fraud Section)
The Anti-fraud section under Crime two has been in existence since Zambia’s Independence. The Assistant Director - Crime two is responsible for all matters relating to frauds, Interpol, financial and cybercrimes and supervises all anti-fraud units in the Zambia Police. The offices for Anti-frauds can be found at national, divisional and district levels.
- Fraud can be defined as the wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal loss to one party and gain to the other party, ora deliberate misrepresentation which causes another to suffer damage usually monetary loss.
- It can also be defined as a deceitful conduct designed to manipulate another person by cheating or concealing truth with a view of gaining something of value.
- To receive and analyses all financial crimes reported by various complainants.
- To investigate and establish the truth in all financial crimes reported to the unit.
- To arrest offenders and take them before the competent courts of law so that justice may prevails.
- Enhancement of cooperation’s with other security wings on all matters relating to financial and cybercrimes.
- Liaising with other countries in matters relating to financial and cybercrimes through our Interpol.
- Educating the general members of the public about the dangers of cybercrimes.
- To report the examinations results accurately and completely.
Such crimes are mostly committed by well educated people working as a syndicate and are usually referred to as ‘white collar crimes’. In most instances, rewards from fraud are much greater.