Zambia Police Service, is charged with the responsibility of maintaining peace, law and order in all our communities country-wide. In order to effectively and efficiently execute its mandate ....Read More
By Joyce Nyirenda
Criminal Records Office
Reliable records are important in any organization if it is to function effectively. To ensure that these records are well kept for future references, the Zambia Police Service has a unit in charge of these vital records, the Criminal Records Office.
The Criminal Records Office is one of the three sister sections of crime three (C3) of the Criminal Investigations Department based at Police Service Headquarters. The section is responsible for safe keeping of records for current and future references. The other two sections are fingerprints and Forensic.
The three sections operate independently, though dependant on each other and all are currently answerable to the Assistant Commissioner of Police (C3).
Records section just like any other section in the Police Service has its core functions.
Core Functions of Criminal Records Office
• keeping and maintaining criminal records,
• Providing true and correct information whenever a need of previous record arises,
• Clearance of certificates for Registrar of societies,
• Clearance of certificates for Firearms and also for Reservist.
• The office ensures records are organized, protected and controlled so that they can be effectively used overtime.