- Internal Audit Department-Mandate
The establishment of the Internal Audit Department is in the Ministry of Finance and is in line with the Public Finance Act no 15 of 2004 that was enacted by Parliament of the Republic of Zambia.
It prescribes the management and control of public finances ,surcharge, control of statutory corporations and audit of public resources .Internal Audit draws its mandate from the Public Finance Act No. 15 of 2004, section 7 (3) which states the following:
- Every controlling officer shall be charged with the duty of planning and controlling the expenditure of public funds under the controlling officer’s control which shall encompass the maintenance of the system of Internal Audit under the control and direction of an Audit Committee complying with and operating in accordance with this act.
- Objectives of the Internal Audit Department
- To evaluate financial and operational systems /processes for effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls and provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, systems and procedures.
- To verify the existence of government assets and recommend improvements to management to ensure that proper safeguards are maintained to protect them from loss and possible fraud
- To determine the accuracy of financial transactions
- To determine the level of compliance with government policies ,laws, contracts and procedures
- To evaluate the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of MPSA’s electronic information and processing systems
- To determine the effectiveness and efficiency of Zambia Police in accomplishing its objectives and identity for cost savings
- To provide an advisory service to controlling and Accounting officers and
- Undertake any other task or assignment to further the achievement above objectives
The objectives of the Internal Audit Department of The Zambia Police Service entail the following:
ormation submittedVans Old Skool Grise