Inspector General's Message

MR. GRAPHEL MUSAMBA  2023  Zambia Police Service, is charged with the responsibility of maintaining peace, law and order in all our communities      country-wide. In order to effectively and efficiently execute its mandate ....Read More

Our Strategic Direction


Showlist data is not configured
  • A surety can apply to a magistrate to discharge the bail/bond either wholly or so far as it relates to the applicant or applicants.
  • Once an application has been granted by the magistrate, a warrant of arrest can be issued directing that the person so released be brought before him
  • Following the discharge of surety/s, the person who is on Bond or bail may be committed to prison unless he or she finds other surety or sureties
  • Where a surety dies before the Bond/Bail is forfeited, his estate shall be discharged from all liability but, the party who gave the Bond may be required to find another surety
  • Forfeiture of the amount pledged
  • If the bail was cash, the amount deposited will be forfeited
  • Where the accused fails to appear before court, the surety must offer a reasonable explanation to the court
  • Imprisonment in appropriate cases or if the amount pledged is not paid
  • Where the accused jumps bail or bond without reasonable course, a Warrant of arrest is issued against the principle party and summons against the surety/sureties. Once the principle party is arrested, he /she would be required to pay a recognisance sum indicated in the Bail or Bond
  • Where the surety/sureties disobey the summons, a warrant of arrest is issued and they will be remanded in custody until they recognisance fee is paid
  • Where the court has been reliably informed that a person on Bond/bail is about to leave Zambia, the court can course such a person to be arrested and committed to prison unless he is admitted to Bail again upon further recognisance
  • Whenever, any person shall appear at the time and place mentioned in any recognisance entered into by him, the court may, by order, indorse such recognisance and declare the same to be forfeited
  • On the forfeiture of an recognisance, the court may issue its Warrant of distress for the amount mentioned in such recognisance, or for the imprisonment of such person and his surety/sureties, for any term not exceeding six months, unless the amount mentioned in such recognisance be sooner paid or levied
  • A Warrant of distress may be executed within the local limits of the jurisdiction of the court which issued it, and it shall authorise the distress and sell of any property belonging to such person and his surety /sureties, without such limits, when indorsed by a magistrate holding a subordinate court of the first or second class within the local limits of whose jurisdiction such property is found.
  • Who's Online

    We have 183 guests and no members online

    Police History


    Published once per year.

    Mostly read by Police Officers.


    Police Magazines

     facebook log Nkwazi Football Club


    Police Services

     To be launched soon


    Lost and Found: Property or Persons


    Forms and Documents

    ZP Forms

    Login Members only

    Useful Links